- ticket title
- Surgical Lasers Market Size & Share is growing globally by 2022
- Enteral Stents Market to witness steady increase by 2022
- Electromyography Devices Market to witness steady growth by 2022
- Surfactants Market: Top Competitive Players & Industry Growth Drivers, 2022
- Grease Market: Worldwide Key Industry Segments & Forecast, 2016-2022
Everybody is famous with the cartoon character Winnie the Pooh. He is always hungry for honey. Well, we bet that you did not know the following facts about Winnie the Pooh.
- There was a hyphen in the name of the character which was later removed by Disney as soon as it claimed the rights for the cartoon.
- In World War I, a Canadian soldier bought a bear called Winnie. The name represented the hometown of the soldier—Winnipeg. This is how the character got its name.
- Christopher Robin, son of Milne saw the same bear Winnie at the London Zoo where the soldier had left him.
- Pooh was not a part of the name. It was originally a name of a swan that Christopher Robin added later.
- “Tiddely-pom” is translated as “tydlidum” in the Czech version of cartoon series.
- The Ashdown Forest in Sussex is the inspiration to the Hundred Acre Wood in books of Pooh.
- The 1958 Latin translation, Winnie Ille Pu, of Milne’s book remains the only Latin book to appear n New York Times in the list of nest sellers.
- Till date, Disney took 2 new illustrations of Pooh from the famous Kim Raymond. These illustrations are similar to the style of original illustrator, EH Shepard.
So friends, were you aware of these facts? We guess not. Now that you know them, spread the word. Surprise someone who is a great fan of Pooh by telling these facts.